GAH Intern Opportunities
The GAH interns play a vital role in the success of football, basketball, baseball, and gymnastics hospitality programs as well as athletic rental events at UGA. This position requires excellent communication skills, the ability to think on his/her feet, organizational skills and enthusiasm. The interns will work closely with UGA Athletic Donors, The Georgia Bulldog Club and other members of athletics. The interns also help manage the GAH game day team members. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in sports, hospitality and/or events. There are three internship positions available for the upcoming year.
- Full-Time Internship: A full-time paid internship with a monthly stipend. This intern must be available 40++ hours per week and will assist in daily office needs as well as working all home football games and other sporting events as assigned. This individual must be a college graduate or close to degree completion.
- Part-Time Event Internship: The part-time internship is open to undergraduate and graduate school students. This position is paid hourly and primarily event focused. This person will assist with home football games, men’s and women’s basketball, gymnastics, and baseball.
Commonly Asked Questions
What is Georgia Athletic Hospitality?
- GAH is actually part of the Colonnade Group, a sports production/event management company based in Birmingham, AL. We are contracted by the UGA Athletic Association to manage the premium seating and hospitality areas at UGA. Feel free to look us up at www.colonnadegroup.com.
Where are you located?
- Our offices are currently located in Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, GA
Am I qualified?
- In order to qualify, you must have a college degree by the start of the internship. You cannot still be in school during the internship. This is a fulltime internship. Experience in event management, sport management, hospitality, and/or customer service is preferred but not recommended.
Part-Time Event Internship
- You may still be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate classes to be considered for the part-time event internship.
How long does the internship last?
- The internship runs from June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018 although GAH may request that candidate(s) begin sooner than June 1st.
When would I work?
- You will work a normal work week (roughly 40hrs) in addition to home football games, basketball games, baseball games, gymnastics meets, rental events and other special events. This position requires a lot of time and dedication. Interns must be flexible with scheduling and willingly to work long hours on the weekdays and weekends.
Part-Time Event Internship
- You will work all home football games and possibly the Friday before all home football games. You will be scheduled on a monthly basis for rental events and other sporting events. GAH will work with your schedule, but you must have the ability to be flexible when it comes to scheduling.
How does the process work?
- You will first need to submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You may be contacted for supplemental materials. Top candidates will be contacted for an interview. GAH is currently operating on a rolling admission process, but all interested candidates should submit application materials no later than Friday, March 3.
Is this internship paid?
How many interns work for GAH?
- GAH hires one full-time intern and two part-time event interns.
Do I have to have a specific degree?
- No. GAH accepts applications from people of all backgrounds.
What if I have questions?
- Please contact Jessica Deems at [email protected]